You have come to the right place. When choosing a debt counsellor it is important to consider a few of the following things
1. Is the debt counsellor registered with the National Credit Regulator (http://www.ncr.org.za). all debt counsellors must be registered with the National Credit Regulator.
2. Are there consumers who can testify that the debt counsellor is good and are able to give the level of service you would expect. In other words, is the debt counsellor a reputable one.
3. A debt counsellor must not ask for cash up-front for his/her services.
4. Do the debt counsellors give personal service to ensure that you are at ease and that you can speak to someone.
5. Are their processes transparent so that you can be aware and see what is going on with your debt review every step of the way.
At Debtsafe we offer the most holistic debt counselling service in South Africa. I have forwarded your detail to one of our debt counsellors who will be in contact with you