skip to Main Content
Tel: 0861 100 999 | DebtSafe Client - Login

Answer for Homeloan arrears

Hi there,

Thank you for the question. It’s very strange that they’re unwilling to assist you. If no summons has been issued yet we will be able to offer you the best solution for your situation. We will negotiate on your behalf to get the periods extended so that you can pay an instalment that is more affordable.

What I would suggest as an alternative, if a summons has already been issued, is to approach an attorney to defend your case. What typically happens is that they issue you with a summons, which tells you that they will ask the court to make an order, so that they can place your house on auction. Most consumers don’t know what to do, are afraid, and thus stay away from the court. This summons tells you exactly when the case will be heard in front of a court.

I suggest that you and your attorney write to the credit provider stating that you will be defending the case. The next step will be to show up at the court and then tell the magistrate that you offered to pay them extra, that you are committed, but they do not want to accommodate you.  

Your attorney must make the court sympathetic to your situation, and most likely the court will order that they extend the period by a few months. If your attorney asks for an extension of the period I am sure the court will oblige.  

Have a great day.