skip to Main Content
Tel: 0861 100 999 | DebtSafe Client - Login

Answer for Debt Review and Spouse’s Assets

Hi there, 

Thank you for your question. 

You can apply for debt review when you are married. Whether you are married COP or ANC. Your debt review will simply be structured according to you marriage contract. 

If you are married COP it will be a joint application and all the debt will be thrown into one pool. Your income will also be joined in the calculations and the payment of all your debt will commence jointly through one single instalment. Both of you will be placed under debt review in a joint application. 

Unfortunately you have to be employed or have some form of regular and consistent income. It is important to keep in mind that during the debt review we will negotiate with your creditors for more favourable payment terms. During these negotiations we must be able to put something on the table for them in the form of proposed payments. 

If you are married ANC and only the house is on both names, you will still have to make a joint application, or remove the house from one party’s name and put it in the other completely. 

Please feel free to send us a mail to [email protected] so that we may discuss your options. 

Kind Regards